Thursday, June 19, 2014

Day 41 6/19/14 (The final paper draft, Doritos, Working until 5 PM, MAKIN’ IT RAIN AT SAINSBURYS, cookin’ some pancakes and chilling)

Shoop and I were at the office at 8:50 AM. Since we were all in the same flat it was easier to get coordinated in the morning (although we still didn’t see Nick or Stefan until close to 9:45 AM). For the first bit of the day, Shoop and I worked on Chapter 4 (results and discussions) and Chapter 5 (recommendations) of the paper.  Once Nick and Stefan arrived we worked on the paper all morning to finish the paper. It was good and we were working as a team pretty well. At around lunch time we broke to get some food as the paper was not getting finished. I went over to the cafeteria and had some Doritos and this chick-AN sandwich. At around 1:20 PM we started on the paper again and it wasn’t until about 3 PM that we finally finished combining everything and getting it tweaked. It was around 26 MB and we had to put it on dropbox as we couldn’t email it to our advisors over exchange. We then worked on the PowerPoint and got it done by about 5 PM. After uploading it to dropbox (as it was 38 MB with all the photos in it). Since we didn’t have the documents to Shockey and Ruiz until late we knew they wouldn’t be able to get back to us with the feedback until later this weekend, so we are taking tomorrow off! :D Yeah! 3 DAY WEEKEND!!!!!!! Anyways after work, Shoop and I spoke to Katy quickly about taking the day off (she approved) and then we came back to the flat. I had a snack and then put on my skates to skate to Sainsburys. Emma had gotten me some inserts for the skates (gel ones) so I don’t have the bolts on the bottom of the skate. They slotted right in without any cutting what so ever. After skating around the flat a bit I was ready and skated down to Sainsburys. At Sainsburys I spent more money than I ever have this trip, as I spent £46 on food and drinks (I bought Emma a bottle of Jack Daniels Honey which was about half of it). I did get enough food to make it through the next week or so. Another expensive item was the Canadian maple syrup I bought for pancakes. When I got back at around 6:40 PM, I still had about 50 minutes until Emma was going to show up so I put away my food and then skated around outside in the courtyard. I have to say that I am really pleased with how much better I have gotten at skating since the start of IQP. I am really looking forward to skating a proper rink back in London and maybe over in Denmark too. After that I showered and made my Chinese green curry chicken (microwaved) and then made the pancake batter with many of the ingredients that Marceli had left me (flour, baking powder and sugar). Then I mixed everything, ate the curry and finally cooked some pancakes! AMERICAN STYLE! I even got Emma to try syrup with the pancakes which she even thought were good. After all of the pancakes and other food I just get to sit here and watch England play Uruguay (which England is going to lose). Anyways it is a super chill time as no work tomorrow. Later!

Homemade pancake mix!

Only a few left!

No comments:

Post a Comment