Monday, June 9, 2014

Day 31 6/9/14 (INTENSE PAPER WORK, some skating and chilling)

So Shoop and I stayed up until about 1:30 AM last night playing COD Ghosts and had an epic time. We played both extinction (which is the new extra game mode besides Nazi Zombies) and some online multiplayer. Extinction basically has two modes: a defend mode with level progress and as far as we can tell basically a free for all carnage fest (aptly called chaos mode). In the defend mode there are several “hives” which have to be drilled using this special laser drill which is setup and then runs autonomously. This drill must be protected as the aliens that spawn will try to destroy it as the drill is destroying part of their nest. So there are essentially multiple waves of this that occur around a map. Each time the drill is deployed it can take anywhere from 1 minute to about 7 minutes to kill the hive and the gameplay can get quite intense with more and more deadly aliens to face. These are also challenges while the drill is working such as not being downed (killed by the aliens), having above 50% accuracy and killing 20 aliens with snipers, shotguns, SMGs etc. These challenges and killings of different hives unlock skill points which can be spent on perks and level ups for the character so he or she becomes a complete BA by the last couple of hives. These perks also translate into equipment that can be deployed in the game such as a turret, an ammo or explosives crate or an autonomous mortar system. All good fun. After plowing through many of the hives there is a final nuke countdown that must be started and then you and your teammates must run to the beginning of the map to be extracted before the nuke detonates. It is insane at some points. Shoop and I play on casual to have fun.

Anyways so it seemed like it wouldn’t be all that great of a day, but it actually turned out to be beautiful! The sun came out and it was really warm outside, but we spent all day inside working on the paper (chapter 4 (data and discussion) and chapter 5 (recommendations)). Shoop actually got to sleep in an extra hour when I went in early to input surveys and get organized for the day. Nick and Stefan showed up and we worked a bit on the chapter and input some results. We then spent more of the morning on chapter 4 and most of the afternoon on chapter 5. We finally have 50 responses and our data shows some trends that the community wants some more information regarding how to save energy and want some sort of educational campaign or leaflet. Our recommendations basically said that and to try and engage the younger folk as well as we had primarily over 45 year olds respond for our survey. After all that paper writing and authorship page stuff it was 4 PM and Shoop and I printed out surveys and cover letters to distribute tomorrow.


I walked back to the flat and decided to go skating as it was beautiful outside. I skated along the Severn from the last car bridge to the far side by the park and back 3 times and averaged just over 6 and a half minutes for this trip (each way). It was a ton of fun, but it made me realize how much I miss good bearings and a real floor. Although hopefully I can go skating at the roller disco on Friday hosted by this golf course/indoor sports place! STOKED! I have to run and make salmon for Emma and I and then chill with Shoop and Emma, so I’ll talk to you guys later! Peace!

Skating!

No comments:

Post a Comment