So I woke up at 9 AM and decided to sleep in more and passed
out until around 1 PM. I then jolted awake as I was supposed to start work at 1
PM with Shoop. We then ate a quick lunch and headed over to the Arboretum. When
we got to the Hive it started dumping rain so we locked our biked under the
rail bridge and headed for the Hive to get our bearings of where to survey. At
around 2:30 PM we were finally able to start surveying. The first couple houses
were okay and we gave out a few surveys. Overall we seemed to get a decent
amount of not interested folks today. We did drop the survey off at two places
on Northfield and then they found us along the street as they had filled it out
and given it back to us (which is awesome as we didn’t have to stop back). We
had one lady who answered the door and said “if you guys keep knocking I am
going to get pissed” as she wasn’t interested and we have knocked several times.
Hey lady, all you had to do is answer the door once and say that and we wouldn’t
have stopped back. Aw well. The most interesting time of the day came from when
I had knocked on a door on Northfield and Shoop was waiting there. These two
chicks came out of the house next door to us and came over and started talking
to us. They wanted to know all about what we were doing and then the one who
was Bulgarian filled out our survey on the spot. She was actually probably
still drunk from last night, but she was able to speak well enough and even
gave us hugs since we were Americans. She thought I had mind powers because I knew her name (after she had written on the survey). It was hilarious. She asked us if we knew
some random dude from Nashville haha. Anyways that was an interesting time and
she invited Shoop and I back for a BBQ sometime at her place. He friend was
also pretty nice too. Hopefully we will see them soon! After that we tried to
give out the rest of our surveys but it started raining and so we headed over
to Paul’s house for shelter. We had tea and chatted about the project and even
commented that we had gotten 12 responses that day! So we must have around 47
surveys back now out of 150! THAT IS SO EPIC! After Paul’s house we gave out
the last 3 surveys and then decided to go have some Chinese food at a buffet
across the street from Tramps. It was decent food (maybe 3.5 stars out of 5),
but they DID NOT HAVE DUMPLINGS!!! WTF?!?!? Y U NO HAZ DUMPLINGS?!? They did
have mooshoo pancakes though. After that we just headed back to the University
to kick back for the day and decided to work on our paper tomorrow morning
instead of tonight since we have put in almost 7 hours of work this weekend.
Going to be a chill night with some COD Ghosts once I enter the surveys. At any
rate, peace! Have a good night all of y’all!
The Chinese Buffet
A well balanced meal for sure
Filling out that survey!



No comments:
Post a Comment