So at 8:30 AM we were in the office and practiced our
presentation for Lord Faulkner (from the House of Lords in British Parliament).
We then got to meet Lord Faulkner (who actually is a real dude and doesn’t talk
like my aristocratic accent). He is really nice and was enthusiastic about our
project. He was probably in his late 60s. We presented for him, Katy and Peng
and he really liked it (and asked questions all throughout our PowerPoint
(something new)). After that we decided to have some food and wait until 2 for
the twinning ceremony at the bridge. I went and took a nap for an hour and a
half and then cooked the British equivalent of Ramen noodles (called Bachelor’s
noodles). It was good. After that we went to the bridge and met up with Katy
and some other folks around the twinning ceremony (ironically not twinning with
Worcester, MA, but with a city in Germany where one of the choirs of the town
sings, so the lock will alternate between a bridge there and in Worcester,
England). The twinning involved putting a lock on the bridge which is what
lovers do in Europe (a lock for love on there). After this ceremony we had
schnapps for a celebration (basically a 3/4ths shot). It was pretty strong. Not
as bad as Jager that I tried on Saturday night. After that we surveyed for
several hours. Shoop and I then went to Sainsbury’s and I got £27 worth of food
(chicken and salmon and peas and corn and bread). After that Shoop and I cooked
up the rest of the ground beef from Marceli and made a pepperoni pizza with
more yellow pepper too. Really good actually. After that I chatted with Emma
(the girl I met from the club on Saturday). It was a chill night.
Twinning!
Schnapps!


No comments:
Post a Comment