So today was really a
struggle. Everything was a mess from our project working today to trying to buy
tickets for the trip back to London to making steak. The morning was working on
the paper and then we realized our paper was going to take so long. Then we
decided that we still needed to deal with a few loose ends of the paper. It was
annoying as the comments from Shockey and Ruiz told us that basically we have a
lot of work to do, but only generic ideas of how to go about the writing. So we
took a lunch and I got this chicken sandwich and some sweet chili Doritos. It wasn’t
as good as it sounds. After lunch we worked on the paper and tried to get some
feedback from Katy and Peng on our recommendations. They definitely gave us a
bit to work on and we were not going to finish the report today. We sent
Shockey and Ruiz an email asking them to kindly give us an extra day to work on
it. We are not doing so well on the project, at least not in terms of the
writing up of the project. I think it has to do with how I see our project
relative to other projects that accomplished so much more in terms of surveying
and whatnot. I think we also should keep the fact that we lost almost 2 weeks
at the beginning of the project in mind. So I hope it gets better. I even
struggled during dinner prep when I was cooking steaks (which turned out
alright), but I put a nice big scratch in it with my knife. IT WAS A PRISTINE
PAN :( SADNESS. That was about all of the struggles of the day. Hopefully
tomorrow will be better. I hope.
Steak, pasta and corn for dinner!

No comments:
Post a Comment