So the day continued from last night where I was a little less than stellar in terms of happiness and sobriety. We had tried to go to Tramps nightclub to see the Lonely Island as we had heard about several weeks ago. Emma had gotten Shoop and I tickets for the show and we had them. The first annoyance if the night was when the front security dude said they had a dress code for the event (I had on a heat 32 shirt over my Engineering t shirt). I was getting into that club either way. Eventually the guy relented and let me into the place. After that the guy at the counter said we were going to have to pay to get into the club despite having bought an online ticket. So the main guy said he was in charge of the online orders so I thought you could just look up the order number or the ticket number but apparently not. He wanted to have us print out the ticket and carry it into the club. NOT GOING TO HAPPEN BRO! anyways so I had to pay the admission price which originally was going to be £6 but I complained the online ticket was £5 and I wasn't going to pay anymore. So eventually I got in for £5 and the guy took my contact info to call me for a reimbursement. We shall see how that works out... The main guy even gave us a bottle of smirnov to make the 6 of us there appeased a bit. We also had learned that it was not Lonely Island in the flesh but rather a dude playing their music. LAME! After we got inside we realized how dead it actually was. Mad lame with no people dancing and only about 30 people there total. The rest of the night at Tramps went downhill due to me drinking too much Smirnov. I wasn't drunk but I definitely wasn't sober either. Perhaps a bit tipsy. Anyways I just basically sat in a back room on a couch and played Zombie Highway, 2048 and fruit ninja until I got frustrated at hitting a bomb right before the pomegranate. Argh. Oh well some of the other guys hung out with me and then eventually Shoop showed up and was being a good bro to look after me although I was fine. I told people we should go to Sin or Bushwackers but I never made it to either and I got wifi and messaged Tomko quite a bit. After about 2 Shoop and I left the club as everyone else had already left. We then were going to make it to somewhere hut got distracted talking to people. We then ended up at McDonald's and I had this whole philosophical chat with Shoop about the best way to live life. It was deep. Anyways we made it back to the University at 330 AM and I fixed dishes and sorted them out before finally passing out at 415 AM.
At promptly 945 AM my body decided I had slept enough so I eventually got up around 10 and went into the kitchen. I decided to be productive and input the surveys we had gotten yesterday. It was 12 surveys and took me about an hour to put in. We had 89 when I finished though! We even had one dude who volunteered to give us 4 years of solar cell data for the Arboretum. After the surveys I helped Adam put away his stuff and take out the recycling and trash. We left us some silverware and some bacon bits and then left at around 11:40. He even gave me a "posh" beer as a gift, although I don't think I will have it. At any rate the gesture was nice. I then tried to play some KF with Cara but it was super laggy. After that Shoop and I had pizza from Sainsburys. We then went to town and I skated while he biked. We wanted to go up to the cathedral to see the bell tower as it was beautiful out. So we spent the £4 and walked up the rickety steps that wound around one of the towers. It was a long winding step of steps with some interesting stops off in the room below the bells with the time mechanism in there. I even got to hear the 2 o clock bell chimes! We had to wait for the people on the top of the tower to vacate before we could travel up there. Eventually we were able to walk up the ever decreasing stairs (pretty sure Arnold would not have been able to make it up there) and got to the top! It was a decent bit sunny out although it was starting to gloop up so we took many photos and then peaced back down the steps. Carrying skates and a helmet made for an interesting journey. After this we traveled to poundland in search of a backpack and a pan as Adam took his with him. We were out of luck at the poundland so Shoop went to O2 to get more credit as his phone would not let him call text or do anything. So while he was in there I went next door to the closing store. I was looking around for clothes but everything was so expensive! Like a "deal" was to buy two pairs of pants for £50 originally! Ridiculous! It was half off everything in the store but still mad expensive. I looked looked at a whole mess of fly shoes. One pair I may go back back and actually buy, although they are $60. After that store Shoop and I raided the thrift stores for pans and a backpack as no poundlands had either. I didn't find find a backpack but we did manage to get a pan! I also bought half of the Nothing but the Beat (the vocal parts) for $2! I also bought a British PSOne game for $2 and saw some cool junk including a 3" single CD for Madonna! After about 445 PM he and I went back to the university. I packed and put on a garbage bag for a rain shield and and then biked into town to see Emma. We then walked home (I skated to her house) and we went to this three pears place where I had had this epic double bacon and cheeseburger and a chocolate cookie dough and brownie sundae. So good! Now gotta runoff to Keystones for clubbing! Later! Photos tomorrow!
No comments:
Post a Comment