Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Day 40 6/18/14 (“Work and work, those revisions keep on coming,” Shockey comes for a visit, workin’ past 5, super struggle bus moving)

The morning went overall quite well. It started out with us working on the paper and making the revisions for Chapter 4 and Chapter 5. We finished the recommendations fairly early and then started on the discussion in Chapter 4. We worked quite well as a team and really powered through some work. Stefan eventually picked up Shockey and brought her to our office. We learned from Katy that we luckily did not have to move our junk during lunch and thus were able to work through our normal lunch period on our paper with Shockey. This enabled us to establish a solid foundation for our paper revisions after she left. After about 1:30 PM or so we broke for lunch and I peaced back to my flat and made some bachelor noodles and bread. After lunch it was down to business on that paper. We got through 95% of the discussion and are in a good spot to finish it early tomorrow morning. We then only have the final PowerPoint to work on. Shoop and I worked until 5:30 PM to try and finish Chapter 4, but we didn’t get it done sadly. After work it should have been a simple task to move my stuff over to the new flat (flat 2 in Elizabeth Barrett Browning (across from mine in the courtyard)). When Shoop and I first went over to put some food in the place, we realized our cards did not work and had to have Nick and Stefan let us in. After that we went to main reception to have our cards enabled (trip 1). We then hiked back and got a load of stuff put into the flat (Shoop used his card to get in). When we went back I tried to use my card which did NOT work, so I went back to main reception (trip 2). I then came back and my card still did not work (trip 3 back). I then moved my stuff over using my now good card (as the old card was not even registering as a card (no lights either way)). After that I went to the local Co-op with Emma to grab some milk, lemons and bread (as we were going to make pancakes). When we got back I had to check my flat out and grab any other stuff before I returned my card and key. I didn’t grab a measuring cup as I should have, but didn’t. Then I took my card and key back to main reception (trip 4) and could finally settle in my flat. I then was going to make pancakes, but I didn’t have a measuring cup, didn’t have a recipe or have any syrup (such struggles! -.-). Hahaha it was pretty funny as I was trying to measure out precise amounts of each ingredient using a pint glass. Anyways Emma and I will be making pancakes tomorrow using a measuring cup she is bringing over. After that I tried to find other food to cook and realized that I had basically nothing as I was supposed to make it to Sainsbury’s today, but did not have time as I was derping around trying to get my card fixed. Tomorrow will be a food run! And hopefully will be better food and luck! 

Flat being cleared out from yesterday

Clotted cream English Muffin!

Yesterday's dinner (ground beef, spaghetti and peas)

I could do terrible things with that much R-Max

Looks like Audi stole Remax's balloon!

No comments:

Post a Comment