We started at around
10 AM at the office and then promptly go shifted over to Katy’s office because
she needed the projector to have an important meeting. So the four of us sat
there for about 45 minutes before we headed out to knock on doors around the
Arboretum. We had split the houses around the streets in about half and we
worked our way around all the houses from 11 or so to around 1 PM. Then Shoop
and I went to the Postal Order which is a pub right next to the train station.
I had a BBQ chicken, bacon and cheese Panini with chips. It cost £5.60 and then
I realized that with a drink it would only have cost me £4.30. DA FTUZ?! Why
didn’t you tell me that before? So dumb. ARHGHSDFKgjsaldjfASD:LFJwipoqerjqwienf
lkasdnv. Okay anyways the Panini was really really REALLY good. So I wasn’t too
mad. After that Shoop and I went back to the Arboretum and walked around and
went to many of the houses that we hadn’t been back to. After talking to many
different houses (like 50) and walking around until about 2:45 PM we only got
back about 12 surveys. From this morning we had around 77 surveys out of 200 so
this puts us at 91 (with 2 surveys collected by Nick and Stefan (SO CLOSE TO
OUR 100 SURVEY TARGET))! Anyways we even got two from Paul as he was headed out
and he said “our survey has to be the most effective of the Arboretum in
history” given the sheer number of man hours that we have put into it. So BAM!
RESPONSE RATE IS HIGH! 46% LIKE A BOSS!
After 2:45 PM neither
Shoop or I had the energy to continue working on the paper or anything so we
decided to call it a day (as Stefan and Nick had clocked out at around 1 PM).
So we biked back to campus and then I promptly napped for two hours. I had
planned on only being out for a half hour or so, but then I woke up an hour and
a half later. Oh well. We then went to the Hive for a debate on if sustainability
can be initiated using only economic means. It was a good debate for the first
hour or so. In fact the first question had a great exchange between this dude
from Barclay’s and this dude that was ripping him apart. It was priceless. They
served refreshments too before it started (like pringles and lots of junk food
and pretzels). It was essentially dinner so I was happy with it. After the
debate dragged on for an hour and a half (it was scheduled that way) I peaced
out to go skating up at Perdiswell Leisure Center. It was about 2 miles biking
from the Hive and I arrived at around 7:45 PM. The session started at 7:15 PM
and was supposed to go until 9:15 PM. It cost £3.60 to enter, but I was skating
no matter what. When I walked into the gym I wasn’t sure if I wanted to skate
as kids were going almost every direction. It was an interesting session for
sure! I had a good time skating although the music was quite eh (with a few Michael
Jackson songs thrown in). I had quite the group of kids watching me at one
point as I throwing down some of my best jam skating. Especially when I was
doing a cartwheel or the worm. Got some serious applause. It was a good session
although I managed to shear off one of my jam plugs and nearly broke the other
one (doing a hand stand). The average age for skaters was probably 14 and I was
by far the oldest person there (having skated for longer than most of the people
had been alive). At any rate at around 8:45 PM the session ended! WTF? So
apparently is was only an hour and a half. Anyways it was a decent ish session.
I had one father tell me that I was a good skater. I then biked back and took a
picture of this firefighting Land Rover and came back to a nice cold
home-brewed beer (don’t worry it was the only drink I wanted). After that it
was around 10 PM and Shoop and I are getting pumped for Lonely Island TONIGHT!
:D SO GOTTA RUN! Good night to you all!
Watching the first World Cup match at the flat
BBQ Chicken, bacon and cheese panini
Skating in a gym at Perdiswell Leisure Center
The full "rink"
The exterior
Home of the Landies!
What is that one for!?!
Why don't they sell the Volkswagen Transporters in the states?
Looks like I sheared that jam plug off
Good home brewed to finish off the night!










No comments:
Post a Comment