Saturday, May 17, 2014

Day 8 5/17/14 (Meeting with Brohan, lunch. OH NO! THERE GOES TOKYO! GO GO GODZILLA!)

So the day started off as somewhat of a struggle bus as I only got like 3 and a half hours of sleep. I managed to pick myself up and get into the shower and finally make some breakfast. We finally headed off to meet Brohan at his home in the Arboretum. We biked over there in about 12 minutes When we arrived I gave him a call and he let us in. We walked into this really narrow house and went upstairs. Paul is a physicist as we learned. He basically talked to us for two + hours about the area and the number of HMOs in the area. After we talked about the status of the region then we walked around his house and looked at all the energy conservation technology he has put in. We talked extensively on double glazing of the windows. We also talked about putting in foam for insulation in the roofing. We also talked about mechanical ventilation with heat recovery and these cool embedded thermometers and real time clocks called thermochrons. These can be programmed to take readings in a range of time increments and store them. The information is transferred to the computer wirelessly. They are pretty awesome actually! He even said he could buy like 50 of them if we wanted to use them for the project! Paul is really interested in these and also PIC microcontrollers. He also has several raspberry pi’s. Again Brohan is such a chill dude. His older mother who is 94 and still lives in the ground floor. He invited us over again anytime and is really interested in helping others out with the technology! So it’s great to have his as a contact.


After getting back from the Arboretum we chilled for quite a long time. We had bought lunch on the way back and had sandwiches. I also bought some lunch meats for tomorrow when I think we will be biking/skating to Malvern Hills. I caught up a bit on blogging and then Stefan, Nick and I watched the pilot episode or something of Vampire Diaries. After that we decided to go see Godzilla at the cinema in town. Godzilla was pretty good although they killed all the best people! But Godzilla was a BA as always. It cost like £8 to get a ticket (way too expensive)! After that we came back for dinner. We may go out later tonight, but I am not sure as I can barely stay awake finishing this blog! Anyways I’ll talk to you guys later!

No comments:

Post a Comment