When I said I wouldn’t go out last night I thought that was
the case until I got this sudden burst of energy and decided to head to Sin
with the team. We got there and I had this double shot of vodka and Red Bull
(not in a chugged form though), and I sipped it very slowly. I got so jacked up
on energy from the caffeine that I was going solid until 3 AM. At the Sin
nightclub (the first one I have ever been to) I had a blast just dancing and
throwing down by myself. We even saw one of the Energize Worcester peeps there.
After a while this one chick started dancing in the proximity of me and we had
Sambuca (this actually tasted identical to Nyquil). After some time I had
soaked through my t-shirt as I rage so hard at dancing. At like 1 AM Sin closed
and we had to move over to Bushwackas (another club). The highlight of the
night was hearing In Too Deep by Sum 41 at Sin. At Bushwackas we raged hard
(Shoop and I) with the chicks (Emma and Gemma) from Sin. We partied there until
2:30 AM (dancing not drinking) and then went home. The best part of Bushwackas
was hearing some great remixes, dancing on the highest stage/pillar box thing
and Fat Lip by Sum 41. I finally got to bed at like 3:30 AM.
After waking up at 9:05 AM (we decided to start an hour
later) I headed over to the office when Shoop went back to bed. I was the only
person in the office from 10 to 10:45 AM, but I worked on revising the
methodology and the other survey things. It went well. We worked a bit on all
the writing sections before breaking and I headed to the City campus to meet
with Katy. At the City Campus Katy introduced me to Colin (one of the web
development and technology guys in the computing group). Colin then took me
downstairs and introduced me to his two research assistants who are helping him
develop the stuff for next Friday (3D printing and making some simulations).
The two guys down in the basements working are named Neil and George. They even
have a Replicator 2 in there! I bro-ed out with George about robotics and
circuits (he is a computing major (recently graduated) but taught himself
enough electronics to build a line following state machine robot based on the
Atmel 328). Super chill dude. So basically the two of them are getting content
ready for Friday which includes 3D printing custom hexbug-like toys. Neil is
working on developing simulations of physics and robotics with the UDK
environment. It was pretty cool! I also talked about electronics and WPI
robotics for about an hour and a half and had to leave for surveying. I hope to
chill with these dudes some more!
I met Shoop outside of Paul’s house at around 3 PM and we
started more surveying. We did several more streets. We even talked to one guy
who gave us some home-brewed beer! He gave both of us a bottle of it to enjoy
later after the sediment settled! He is a really chill dude and wants to help
with the project quite a bit. We had a decent amount of responses and people seemed
generally interested in talking to us. We had some who slammed the door in our
face though. Oh well. After we worked for some time we met with Nick and Stefan
to get the extra surveys from them before they jetted off for the weekend.
After all of this Shoop and I did some more surveying and then went to
Sainsbury’s to buy a pizza for £3. I also got another one and some carrots and
canned corn. We cooked the Hawaiian pizza and then headed off to the pub to meet
Katy at 9. We have some cider and then some other drinks. Shoop and I then went
to Velvet which was having a 80s, 90s and 00s night with three separate rooms.
We danced around there, but there weren’t any young people there. We talked to
some cougars who were chatting with us and raged with some old twenties peeps
(so there were some peeps there) and they worked in CNC machining and tooling.
It cost £6 to get into Velvet with a shot, and we left to go to Tramps (which was
closed). We then went to Sin and raged for 40 minutes before leaving. The last
song of the night was Don’t Stop Believing by Journey at 1 AM. After that we
went back and slept. Sorta chill/good night.
Clubbing at Bushwackas at 1 AM
Home brewed!
Fruity cider at the pub with Katy
Our first survey from a person dropped at Paul's!




No comments:
Post a Comment