Thursday, May 22, 2014

Day 13 5/22/14 (I have energy to be awake?, putting that tenant survey in its place, Shockey visits, the 2 hour power crunch not sour meeting with everyone, finishing ‘dat tenant survey, workin’ out, eatin’ like a college kid)

Hello Thursday! I was actually decently awake this time! After a quick shower I started with breakfast: cheerios, toast with jam. After that Shoop and I headed over to the office. It was early and somewhat menacing outside (looking like it could start teeming rain any second). The morning was actually decently productive. We cranked out combination of the tenant survey and looked at the methodology revisions from Professor Ruiz. We only had about 2 hours to get this done as we had to grab lunch and then head to the train station to pick up Shockey. The reformatting of the tenant survey went well and I got everything nicely set into the boxes. After this we broke for lunch. I had Nick and Stefan work on getting more EPCs online and Shoop helped with the survey. We decided to combine the demographic and tenant main survey. This worked out pretty well too! At 11 I had some chips that Shoop got as I was continuing to work on some EPCs. After that I ran back to my flat and made 2 sandwiches of chicken and cheese on bread. I realized that I have a lot of toast left and I need to it so…It was pretty good and I gulped them down as I was working on EPC reports. Not too much later we dropped our stuff in Katy’s office and walked to the train station. We arrived a good 30 minutes early and I went into Tesco to get some OJ and some Mug Shots (like small amounts of Ramen for a mug). It was about $4 worth of stuff that I had to sign for (I even had to sign for a $1.80 jug of OJ yesterday). That’s so much more effort than it is worth. After that I joined the guys up on platform 1 to wait for Shockey and I killed it at zombie highway.

Scotch eggs (literally a hard egg breaded and deep fried)

One way

Pretty accurately describes our energy levels


Pretty happening place at 12:35 PM


After we met Shockey we escorted her back to the University (you know the dangersque streets here). Once we arrived back on campus we start in on a marathon meeting with Shockey, Peng and Katy. This meeting went over everything we have accomplished on the project thus far from our work last week. We went through writing articles for the various websites. We covered adding the energy performance certificates (EPCs) to the drive. We went through survey revisions. We started tackling the survey in hardcore mode where we had the document up on the screen and everyone working on the document line by line and word by word. Yes it took nearly two hours. Yes it was tedious. Yes we killed it! It’s okay only most of the document seemed like a bloodbath with all the tracked changes to the formatting and wording. At around 4 PM we finally broke (after starting at around 1:50 PM) and Stefan and Shoop took Shockey back to the train station while Nick worked on getting a few more EPCs online. I then rolled up my sleeves and prepped to go hard and fix the rest of the survey. I then spent an hour+ on that jawn and it looks so fine right now. Don’t let it go out in public. Whew! Such a beauty. I apologize for sounding incredibly strange, it’s most likely the sleep deprivation catching up with me. At any rate after that I headed to the gym and knocked out some exercising. I managed to get about 350 lbs. on the leg press! BAM! Killing it! I am trying to build up my legs so I can really haul around the rink. We shall see how it goes. I may do some skating this weekend. Who knows! Dinner was really chill. I was going to make chicken and gnocchi, but then I got lazy so I had a mug shot and a PB&J. I also had some of the pork Shoop cooked up. It was a really chill dinner and I’ll probably be hungry later, but I’m saving good cooking for tomorrow night when I have more energy. Tomorrow is the big meeting with the city council, so we may get approved for our survey and then finally get that rolling! Shockey told us some of the other groups are struggling too though, so I think we are in a good place to finally get some work done!

No comments:

Post a Comment