Darn you 8:05 AM! Why do
you feel so early? Oh yeah that’s because it’s like 3 AM at home. At any rate I
rolled out of bed and decided not to take a shower. I had my stuffed blueberry
toast jawns. Shoop showed up and we went over to the office. We then started
writing more content for the Energize Worcester website. This morning we wrote
on solid wall insulation, electrical/gas/fire safety and rights and
responsibilities of tenants and landlords. This took us until like 11 AM and
then we had a short meeting with Katy before she went off to London. At 11:45
AM we decided to get some lunch. I went back to the flat and had peanut butter on
toast with orange drank. It wasn’t as good without jam or jelly so I decided
that later I had to go buy some jam. I also chilled for a bit before I headed
back to the office to meet the rest of the team.
After getting back to
the office we just chilled there for 20 minutes surfing the web, while I worked
on getting more Tinder pictures ready. This was before 1 so we were on lunch.
At around 1 PM we started working on the surveys again. We had already
developed our surveys for the proposal and had them pretty good, although we
wanted to incorporate some of the feedback from yesterday’s meeting with the
council members (specifically that EPCs (Energy Performance Certificates
(basically energy audits of the house with recommendations to improve
efficiency (rating varies from A to G with G being the worst))) are not
required for HMOs). This means that without an EPC the person looking to rent
the house has no idea of the cost of living there! Crazy right? We also read
today that the government is going to make all properties have at least an “E”
rating before the year 2018. Tenants can officially call out landlords for not
making steps toward sustainability by the year 2016 (without risk of being
forced to move out as retaliation from the landlord). From yesterday we also
wanted to know how many people in the Arboretum have taken advantage of the
Green Deal, so we tossed in a few questions on that as well. We also tweaked
the wording on several questions to avoid people lying to sound moralistic
(E.g. we asked “Are you concerned about energy conservation?” to which most
would answer yes to “On a scale of …. To …. How much does it matter”). Small
changes really. We spent time back in ID2050 working on these so they weren’t
too bad. We finished the surveys around like 2:25 PM (after I renamed the
landlord survey from “lardlord” to landlord (minor spelling issue at first))
and we sent the demographics survey to Katy to look over before discussing
tomorrow. We decided with nothing else to do that we would go the Arboretum by
bicycle and check it out. So we biked over to the Arboretum and found the same
spot where all the pictures of the Arboretum have been taken from (by this one
green house). The Arboretum is really close to campus and will be mad easy to
bike to. After chilling there and taking several selfies we headed back to
campus. Stefan, Shoop and I decided to go get a haircut at a local place. So we
biked there and it was a hair salon, so we decided to go into the Tesco station
to buy groceries. I bought like $10 worth of stuff (pasta, tomatoes, carrots,
apples and a 5L water bottle). The water bottle is actually pretty big (and was
only £1.19)! After that Stefan asked if the salon cut guys’ hair as well and
they said they would start at £10 to cut our hair. So we made an appointment
for tomorrow at 5:30 PM and I will be getting a hair cut soon! L :D J K dunno what to think on
that one. My seat had also some issues as the nut holding the seat from
rotating up and down had become loose and the seat would flip vertically every
time I went over a bump. So riding back on the bike I had to palm the 5L in one
hand and try to steer the bike and not crash while avoiding cars and people etc.
It was fun. After that back at the flat I put my skates on and had Shoop film
me skating! I think I did alright. See for yourself below. The one British dude
even sent a snapchat of me skating to his peeps! I also found a chick I am
going to go outdoor roller skating with on Friday night! So stoked! I cooked
dinner which was the rest of the penne (a lot quicker now by using a kettle to
heat water!) and added corn from a can to it (which made the straight up pasta
and corn dish really good). After that I chilled in the flat as Shoop had come
up to make pasta for himself as his kitchen is grody. Also spoke to 4 of the
chicks living in my flat! It was a good conversation as we bantered about the
one of them failing at Tomb Raider for PS2. Now I’m getting a jump on the blog
for today! Tomorrow should be interesting with a huge rager at the on campus
pub! Later!
Working on handplants by the dorms
Got my handstand!
The front entrance to the University
Looking towards the dorms from the front entrance
The dorms. I live in the one on the left on the second floor
The horse racing green on the other side of the river (with race today)!
The classic photo of the arboretum
Not amused by the stock Arboretum photos
Not a bad crew
Unsure of this
Don't leave me hanging Worcester...
The Arboretum in panorama
Pasta and corn, new delicacy!
Walking toward our office at the University
The center of campus (dining hall is the building on the left)
5L should get me through the night...
















No comments:
Post a Comment