Monday, May 26, 2014

Day 17 5/26/14 (Sending off Marceli, revising the paper, more skating and more chicken)

Last night was helping Marceli get ready for leaving at 3:45 AM. One of the funniest times had to be taking a taxi to Storage King on the other side of the town across the river. She had several bags we piled into the taxi at around 12 AM and then drove over. Naturally the storage place was not open so we had to put in the codes to open all the gates. We even had to open the front storage door which had to be a good like 50ft tall. It was like opening Fort Knox. There were so many levels of security and codes to put in. As we walked through to find her storage locker it was like moving through Area 51. We found the locker and stored her bags and peaced out of that joint after shutting down and sealing the compound. Back at her place we had food to use up some of her extra food. At 3:45 AM she headed off in a taxi and I walked back to my place with all the junk (food, silverware, laundry stuff etc). It was a sad time since she had been my best friend I made here in 12 days. Aw well. I traded her a WPI t-shirt for her skating jacket from Brazil. It’s so awesome!!! I’m really going to miss having her around! At around 4:20 AM I finally passed out. I didn’t wake up until 12:45 PM as my alarm went off at that time. I showered and made lunch and then Shoop and I went to Pierson to work on the paper due tomorrow. We were 2 of like 4 people in the entire building. There was a dude chilling on a computer about 50 foot away that was playing music in his headphones so loudly I could hear it working at my table. After about 2 hours we had revised and fixed the methodology and the literature review. It was about 4:30 PM when we decided to break for the day. I went back and got ready to go skating. I did the same route that I normally do and then practiced skating around near the river for a good 40 minutes. I worked on grapevine and other jam moves. Not really too much going on today as it was relaxing for a Monday. I also cooked quite a bit of chicken and gnocchi. 

In Fort Knox

Mystery car 1

In the south of Worcester

Almost a Motolita wheel!

Newly weds?

I'll take it!

Corn, gnocchi and chicken!

No comments:

Post a Comment