So I actually felt like I got a good bit of sleep last night.
Although it was still less than 8 hours, but I’m improving on sleeping at the
very least! After a quick breakfast it was off to the office to get started.
When I arrived with Shoop we were the first two there. Stefan showed up about
10 minutes later and said Nick would be showing up later (to catch up on sleep
and cashing in his time from the weekend). We started working on adding the
last EPCs for Sansome Walk and Landsdowne Road. While Stefan and Shoop worked
on this while I worked on revising the Landlord survey. It took me quite some
time to work on the survey revisions. It was all morning before I finally
finished that. We then worked on getting the power point presentation for
tomorrow. We added just a bit of our progress thus far; getting surveys ready
and adding EPCs for each street. We added the fact we leafleted the Arboretum.
Not too much after this Peng showed up and gave us a bit of feedback on the
tenant survey and the powerpoint. We then broke for lunch. I went to the flat
and created my new favorite sandwich: a PB&J mixed with a turkey and salami
sandwich. It is quite good. Highly recommended. After lunch we worked more on
the revisions of the landlord survey while the other guys did more EPCs and then
we practiced the presentation again before presenting to Katy and Peng. They
seemed to enjoy the powerpoint and asked for a few minor revisions. After that
we got the tenant survey to Katy to print out with our maps and no contact
cards (to leave if we don’t find someone at the door). Peng, Shoop, Stefan and
I then went hardcore through the landlord survey to get it sorted out. We
finished it much more quickly than the tenant survey (understandable as the
landlord survey is much less critical). It was basically 5 PM when we were done
printing out the surveys and revising our work (the copier could photocopy and
staple our 6 page surveys (which given that we wanted 50 of them) cut down on
the time by quite a bit. After this Shoop and I went back to the flats to grab
our bikes and peace down to Worcester Cathedral to watch one of the WPI choirs
performing the evening service music. Worcester Cathedral is rather massive for
a small town (Cathedrals in Nicaragua were bigger!), and it was strange sitting
there and listening to the music. The choir did fantastically though! It was
very strange seeing so many other WPI people again in the other Worcester. I
even saw Colin (one of my LCA bros) and he killed it! At any rate you are
supposed to buy a photo pass to take photos in the cathedral, but I did not
realize this until after I took some photos, so here I come h e double hockey
sticks. I’m sorry, but I’ll buy one next time! IT really is a beautiful old
church. At any rate after that I went to Sainsburys (standard almost daily
activity) and bought some corn, milk, 3L of OJ, some yogurt and another loaf of
the really good bread! Now I’m set until at least 10 PM tonight! Seriously
though I go through a LOT of orange juice here (upwards of a liter a day on weekends).
After that I hit the stationary bike hard at the gym and it hit back even
harder. Man I am so out of shape for riding that sucker. Must have sweated out
a good 2 L of water. After that I came back and after some planks and a shower,
I rolled up my imaginary sleeves (harder than you think on a t-shirt) and got
ready to cook up the salmon I was supposed to use by yesterday (I live
dangerously). Anyways I marinated 4 filets in some teriyaki sauce for 5 to 10
minutes and then I just dumped sunflower oil in a wok and lay the fish slabs
right in. Never cooked fish before so just rollin with it. After letting the
fish cook for a solid 15+ minutes (and failing at flipping it several times) I
dumped it onto a nearby plate and tried it. OH MAN! THAT WAS THE BEST SALMON I
HAVE HAD IN THE PAST LIKE 6 MONTHS (I don’t think my mom cooked salmon in that
time period). Seriously I liked my salmon more than the Sole’s salmon (although
it was almost equal). Shoop was even surprised at how good it was. Anyways I
also ate about a fifth of a jar of peanut butter and then made gnocchi and
approximately 15 fussili (the spirally pasta). Shoop also cooked up some pork
sausages and I swapped a salmon filet for 2 and a half. Dang I really liked
cooking that salmon. Only cost me $12 for the 4 filets (-.-//////////// *silent
weeping*).
Outside the Cathedral
Just the entrance
Enter in peace!
Before things got rough
Aw yeah!
Mhm mhm yeah yeah mhmhmhm yeah yeah!






No comments:
Post a Comment