So let’s preface this with the fact I didn’t make the best
choices last night. No nothing crazy like drugs, alcohol or rock n’ roll, but
rather just staying up late watching videos. It really started out by playing
quite a ton of Killing Floor with Tomko and Cara. We were playing this one server
that had so many perks. The monsters for the map were so overpowered that some
could kill us in a single hit, and we were on beginner! We played on this one
Doom map and got crushed so so much. Although one time we managed to do alright
and the game lagged so much as the monsters behind this one door kept spawning
extra zeds (so there were like 500+ on beginner)! Anyways after playing until
about 12:45 AM then I went into my room and started watching trailers. I
started out watching the 22 Jump street one and then moved on to reviews of
Watchdogs and A Million Ways to Die in the West. Then I watched 22 Jump street
trailers more. Somehow I ended up getting into full length movies. By 2:30 AM I
had watched most of Parker (with Jason Statham) and some other dopey movies. Thus,
8:05 AM came in like a wrecking ball. By 8:50 AM Shoop and I were at the
office. We started working on the survey revisions. Stefan and Shoop got the
labels printed out for the free post addresses. I got to Guillotine (basically
use a paper cutter) to cut apart the 3 no contact slips per page. We had about
450 of them to cut and that paper cutter could do about 8 pages or 24 at a
time. After about 2 hours we broke for lunch at 11 to get ready to start
surveying after. I made a 3 slice of turkey and salami sandwich. It was quite
good. After that I went down to the bike shed and waited for the rest of the
team. We biked to the Arboretum, broke and then Shoop and I started on Little
Southfield street. The first couple of houses were not all that great and we
had quite a few apartments there. It was going aight, but not great. We had a
couple of HMOs and this dude in a bathrobe said he would get the survey back to
us. Probably not, but whatever. We even had this great chat with this elderly
woman going to Bingo. She told us all about her dog and how she has an issue
with drunk chicks who congregate under the street lamp outside her door. After
our chat we kept walking around and talking to people. The next most
interesting part of the afternoon was chatting to this older woman with a small
dog named Tula. She invited us in to her home and the Pomeranian Tula was
trying to lick us to death. The lady then told us of the one time she entered
into her front room and she saw a man standing in overalls. She thought it was
her son, but later the figure walked through the wall and disappeared. She said
someone else showed her a picture of the old store owner of the house before
when it was a store and it was the same figure. The old woman mentioned her son
also saw the figure but it hasn’t shown itself in a long time. \ O.o / Anyways after that we covered the rest of
Southfield street until we got to an HMO right across the street from this
woman. We came upon another house with quite a bit of activity in there. When
we first walked up there were two dudes trying to get in and we let them pass.
They somewhat invited us in but I took one step and smelled weed so I stayed
outside with Shoop. A minute or two later a woman came out with her daughter.
This woman was so baked. She just kept swiveling around and asking us questions
about the Worcester MA and what we thought of England. She also told us she
would fill out the survey and return it, but who knows on that one. She
apparently did all the power for the home too, so we really hope she returns
the survey. It was kind of sad how high she and the kid must be…After that we
kept walking around. I would say the majority of people were not home. We also
found only about 4 HMOs. One dude invited us in and it was like going back into
the 70s in a Rolling Stones’ or Grateful Dead follower’s home and was in a word
“dense.” After that the rest of the walking around was rather dull. We had one
lady who opened the door enough to see us and say no and shut the door in our
faces. Beyond that is was boring. We saw a metro cop dolling out parking
tickets. After about 4:30 PM we knocked off for the day. After stopping by the
pub to check in with Nick and Stefan, Shoop and I traveled back to the UW. I
had started thawing out some of the meat that Marceli gave me before she left
at lunch time and at 5:30 PM it was time to start cooking it up! Knowing
nothing about the food and nothing about cooking steak I just dropped it in the
pan to sizzle. After sizzling it until it didn’t seem pink inside I ended up
with a steak and a nice piece of beef. After that I cooked up some ground beef.
MAN THAT GROUND BEEF WAS LITERALLY THE BEST BEEF I’VE EVER EATEN. Wow it was so
good. After that Shoop and I just chilled here and watched British tele. We saw
this police interceptors show about cops driving around. There was even a
motorcycle accident where a 110 defender just absorbed the hit from the bike on
the front right fender. I was going to go skating, but it started dumping out
right after being sunny. Aw well. TOMORROW IS FRIDAY! So stoked for some
skating and the weekend! Also I will hopefully get to talk to a dude about 3D
printers tomorrow! :D
Dat turkey
Defender doing some work!
This is a Ford Transit here, so much larger!
Who knows what it is?
Mhm 'dat steak
Best hamburger ever!







No comments:
Post a Comment