Once I finally rolled
out of bed super late at like 11:30 AM and showered I met Shoop for lunch. He
wanted to go to the Arboretum to start surveying (just taking down the numbered
addresses so he could make a pretty Word mapping of each street). I convinced
him to wait a bit and we finally arrived down there at around 3 PM. He decided
he was going to walk around and mark down the number for each house starting
from the north most part of the Arboretum on Landsdowne Road. I started from the
bottom at Little Southfield Road and worked my way north. I started out with
about 100 leaflets to put into the mail slots of the houses. Sadly they were
flat sheets of paper so once I got to the first house I realized that given the
fuzzy mail slot guards most people had installed that I had to fold the
leaflets before sliding them through. So I then plopped the stack of 100 onto a
trashcan and started folding outside the first house. Ironically I didn’t get
arrested and didn’t even get any strange looks. It was kinda disappointing
actually. Once I had folded all of them I (into thirds) I put one in the first
house’s mail slot and had just moved to the second one when someone pushed the
paper back out the front of the mail slot. I should have put it back through
the door, but I put it into the second house’s slot and moved on. It was about
an hour and a half before I ran out of leaflets and saw Shoop finishing up one
of the streets I was working towards. Unfortunately I ran out of leaflets about
6 houses from the end of Southfield Street. In about an hour and a half, I had
given out the 100 leaflets we had printed with the date of 5/24 on it. After
that Shoop and I went back to campus. By this time it was almost 6 and was
dinner time for me. So I made something like pasta and something else. After
that I started watching the final match of the Champions league which was Real
Madrid vs. Atlético. I also decided that I should fold the other 600+ leaflets
that were flat paper. So I started folding the leaflets at around 7:50 PM when
the game started and I folded through the whole game, the post game and to
about 11 PM (after Shoop had joined in to help fold some too). The game was
actually pretty good. Real Madrid was down by 1 for the first 92 minutes and
then someone scored a goal with 3 minutes left. Both teams were tied at 95
minutes and so they went to play another 30 minutes. In this time Real Madrid
started racking the goals up and scored another 3 more goals to end up winning
4 to 1. It was crazy. During this time I had to fold so so so so many leaflets.
One of the girls from my flat even decided that she would count all the
leaflets I had folded (which actually helped out tremendously). At first I was
really bad at folding the leaflets but I started nailing them and getting them
almost perfect every time by the time Shoop decided to help. After we finished
folding them it turned out I had folded probably a good 575+ of the 724
leaflets we printed. After that Shoop was kinda freaking out about the team as
Stefan and Nick had been MIA for folding, so I asked Marceli if he could join
us for a 90s party that some of her friends were throwing. Once we finally we
were to head over there it was about 12ish but we headed over and after some
awkward hiding outside of the party (common room) door we went in and joined
Marceli and her friends. This 90s party was more like about 15 people chilling
in the kitchen talking to one another and drinking. It was pretty on the DL. I
didn’t have anything to drink beyond two sips of Marceli’s beer. We had a
pretty good time there chatting with everyone and the music was a Spotify
station for the 90s and 2000s. After about 2 hours of chilling and chatting,
Shoop left. Before he did we had this conversation with this American dude
named Joe from Indiana about dimensions and how angels exist in the 5th
dimension and can exist in many time epochs. I said that time in his sense of
defining it was more like a HD where you access the period and jump between
eras. Kinda blew his mind a bit (he had been drinking). Anyways we got started
talking about dimensions and I said how dimensions don’t have to be anything
crazy, but can be additional properties of an object. For example the 3
standard dimensions might be X, Y, Z coordinates for defining geometry. To add
another dimension you add an associated color or perhaps the temperature at the
coordinate. In this sense you can add an infinite number of dimensions. As an
extension of this you can create larger sets of dimensions by taking objects
with multiple dimensions and uniting them in a larger set of dimensions that
encompasses the subsets. Getting all theoretical n stuff there! Hahah anyways
after that the rest of the night was pretty low key.
Droppin' leaflets!
Parked on Southfield street!
Almost American Mags!
Disco!
Under all those chopped tomatoes is pasta. This is actually the best meal ever!
Going in hard on folding!
So many to go...
Done!
624 folded leaflets!









No comments:
Post a Comment